Short-Term Training Programs (at the Central Institute)
Specialized training courses mainly for regional taxation bureau tax officials are offered at the Central Institute to enhance tax officials' expertise so that they can both smoothly and efficiently perform specialized work and supervise other tax office officials. There are approximately 30 courses, such as hearings, examinations, criminal investigations, litigation and tax collection.
Short-Term Training Programs(at Regional Training Centers)
Comprehensive Training Program
To give training for office workers with a certain level of experience in order to improve the practical deliberation ability, the following four stages are offered to them at the following experience-levels:
Stage : Tax officials with 14 years of experience (for tax officials who have passed the National Tax Expert Service Examination: 10 years)
Stage: Tax officials with 21 years of experience (for tax officials who have passed the National Tax Expert Service Examination: 17 years)
Stage: Tax officials with 28 years of experience (for tax officials who have passed the National Tax Expert Service Examination: 24 years)
Stage: Tax officials with 35 years (for tax officials who have passed the National Tax Expert Service Examination: 31 years) or more of experience or tax officials whose age are 53 and above who wish to enroll the course in the year.
Lengths of Training
- Approximately two weeks for Stage , , and .
- Stage is divided into two courses (tax law and accounting) each about one week in length.
(1) Combined use of case-study seminars and lectures on tax laws.
(2) Bookkeeping and accounting, with emphasis on new trends in accounting standards and the associated accounting procedures.
(3) Subjects related to internationalization and the increased use of information technology.
Courses Based on Work Position
These courses are offered mainly to tax office officials in certain professional positions to develop their capabilities and qualities.