Primary Course(1 year)
Residential training for all new recruits who have passed the Principal Class Entrance Examination (Taxation) or the Mid-career Recruitment Examination (Taxation).
- To make trainees acquire a social conscience and awareness of their roles as public servants.
- To enable trainees to obtain the knowledge and skills required of tax officials.
- A well-balanced mix of intellectual, moral, and physical training based on the three pillars of (1) study of tax law subjects, related law subjects, and accounting subjects, (2) group activities, and (3) physical education and cultural activities.
- Assistant professors and instructors are assigned to provide support concerning the 1-year training itself and dormitory life.
- The trainees are divided into groups of approximately 15 for group activities, and an instructor is assigned to each group.
(1) Related law subjects including the Constitution of Japan, civil law, and business law.
(2) Liberal arts including introductory economics.
(3) Tax law subjects including different types of tax laws.
(4) Bookkeeping and accounting.
(5) General educational subjects including group activities and a basic course for tax officials.
(6) Physical and cultural activities.